Outdoor Furniture Maintenance Instruction
While our material has been specifically designed and rigorously tested for general outdoor environment, please note that it may still be subject to damage over time, potentially due to extreme weather or improper usage. Simply work the below steps into your care and maintenance routine, and you would be assured many seasons of fabulous and stylish outdoor lounging.
Fine outdoor furniture deserves exceptional care. Boscher furniture can be enjoyed for many years when well maintained. Wash the furniture with a solution of mild detergent and water, rinse with clear water, and dry thoroughly. To all metal frames, apply a fine, clear automobile wax for maximum protection against harmful ultraviolet exposure and salt air.
For best protection, perform this maintenance two or three times per year in low pollution areas or more frequently in high pollution areas. Please note that these durable materials can be safely cleaned as often as desired.
How To Care For Sumparwood Furnishings
- Use heat-resistant pads under hot items (i.e. pots, pans, dishes, baking sheets, etc.) to avoid damaging the surface
- Place coasters under any glass items to avoid concentrated heat from refracted sunlight
- Rest cold beverages on coasters to catch any drip and avoid moisture rings
- Avoid placing sharp objects directly on furniture surface to prevent scratching
- Check bolts, screws, hinges, and other working parts periodically for any rusting or loosening
- Tip furniture on its side to drain water and help speed up drying
- Cover items when they are not in use, or store them indoor for protection
How To Clean For Sumparwood Furnishings
- Light cleaning: use a cloth moistened with water or a mild soapy solution to remove dirt and debris
- Deep cleaning: scrub with a soft brush and a mix of water and dishwasher detergent (a deep cleaning is advised at the start or finish of each season)
- Oil stains: immediately apply non-abrasive cleaners such as dishwasher detergent to avoid long-lasting stains
- Sling items: remove dirt from sling items using a soft brush with dishwasher detergent and water mixture
- Surface repair: to perform repair on minor surface damages such as scratches and small dents, use a scouring pad and sand lightly with the grain
How To Clean Sling
- Sponge using a solution of one cup mild detergent mixed with one cup household bleach in three gallons of water
- Scrub the surface repeatedly making a circular motion and not front to back.
- Leave on for about 1 minute.
- Remove the deposits with a moist sponge or rinse with clear water.
- Repeat the operation in case of heavy dirt deposits.
- Wipe with a dry cloth.
How To Clean & Care For Sintered Stone And Marble Tops
Boshcer tabletops are designed for normal outdoor use in residential settings. To maintain the natural beauty we recommend applying a stone-enhancing sealer every six months to protect and restore the top. This step can be repeated each year and before the winter season.
If tabletop is stained with products such as wine, soda, coffee, or other colorants of organic origin, clean these spills immediately with a mild detergent then rinse with water.
In extreme cold climates, it is recommended that tabletops be stored in a dry indoor area or be covered with suitable outdoor furniture cover. Be sure to allow space between the tabletop and the cover so that moisture does not collect on the table; this will promote airflow and allow moisture to escape.
How To Clean Rope, Straps & Yarn
ROUTINE CARE & MAINTENANCE
- Frequent vacuuming or light dusting is recommended
- Dust can be wiped down with a damp clean cloth or rinsed with clean water
- Wash with mild, pH-neutral soap as Dawn® and clean water or use Faron Cleaner
- If using soap, please follow directions on bottle.
- Let air dry
- Do not scrub excessively, apply heat or use any sharp objects to clean
How To Clean Sunbrella Cushion Fabrics
- Machine Washing – Remove covers, wash in cold water in mild laundry soap
- If fabric heavily soiled add 1c bleach. Wash and allow fabric to AIR DRY.
- Hand Washing– Prepare solution of 1/4c mild soap in gallon of water
- Place solution in spray bottle. Spray entire surface and allow to soak 15 minutes.
- Remove stain with sponge or clean towel. DO NOT SCRUB WITH BRUSH
- Rinse thoroughly with water to remove any soap residue
- Allow fabric to AIR DRY
- If heavy stain/mildew severe, bleach quantities may be increased